- This event has passed.
Independent Bookstore Day: Book Festival on Hutchinson Square!
April 24 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
One day. Hundreds of bookstores.
Fifty states. Join the celebration!
Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party that takes place at indie bookstores across the country on the last Saturday in April. Every store is unique and independent, and every party is different. But in addition to authors, contests, and other fun stuff, there are exclusive books and literary items that you can only get on that day. Not before. Not after. Nowhere else.
At Main Street Reads we’ll be celebrating on the square with author chats and readings, live music, treats and lots of giveaways and prizes!
Here’s a look at participating authors!
- Peter Cotton: Fred the Snake series (including When Fred the Snake and Friends Explore Charleston)
- Cyndie Degnan: His Strength Made Perfect, Michael’s Story
- Mark Epstein: THEY CALL ME PATHFINDER, Education-Basketball-Equality
- Priscilla Garatti: An Ocean Away, Missing God, On a Clear Blue Day
- John Gibson: Soul Sprints
- Lorna Hollifield: An Ocean at Night, Tobacco Sun
- Alex Lettau: Yellow Death
- Matthew Loveland: The Artist: Faith, Science and the Rest of Us
- Christina Sinisi: Christmas Confusion and Christmas on Okracoke
- Bob Spearman: Then She Was Dead, Shrimpin’ Gold, Turf and Surf
- Julie Packett: Science Night: The Chronicles of Ms. Clarke’s Class
- Katie Sullivan Masalin: Rocks, Paper, Flowers
- Jewel Sweeney: The Adventures of Bugaboo and Ladybug Series (including Up, Up and Away)
- Kathleen Varn: Ameera Unveiled and Gardenia Duty
- Marybeth Wishart: Parker the Purple Penguin
- Kasen Wysong: Colors of the Mayhem